I posted Monday on El Salvador’s Bitcoin City:
The Wall Street Journal have a little more posted:
- El Salvador is planning to issue next year $1 billion in bonds backed by bitcoin
- plans to sell $1 billion in U.S. dollar-denominated 10-year bonds with a coupon of 6.5%
- Half of that money would be used to buy bitcoin to hold for five years and the rest would fund construction projects related to bitcoin.
- El Salvador will issue the bond in partnership with Blockstream
- bonds would be issued on blockchain